Menu
Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Packetloss NW5 (Area 15)

Do let us know. I haven't called them yet as I didn't have time today  will definitely do it today but please try to show him the issue is theirs so they can acknowledge it and fix it for all of us!

0 Kudos
Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@MoGa wrote:

Final report now - 1:15am and speed is up to 99.9Mbps.  Am betting this will tally with the data other locals are seeing.

Notice how we're all in sync. Something on their cabinets is screwed up, pretty sure, exactly when yours got better mine did also. Look at the time My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media SH3
MoGa
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 47
Flag for a moderator

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin connection

Not a useful graph.  I suspect tomorrow’s will be.

Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@MoGa wrote:

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin connection

Not a useful graph.  I suspect tomorrow’s will be.

Yeah, because it only started measuring from 2am. When it's already back to normal. Keep an eye at 10PM until 1/1.30AM

KevinHeritier
Tuning in
Message 25 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I have been experiencing the exact same problem this week and I live in area 15 (NW6). My original thread is here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-Broadband-speed-in-NW6-area-15/td-p/3894075

I get terrible speeds dusing evenings (1-5 mbps instead of the 350 I pay for). I called customer service that assured me that everything was good with my connexion but I experience slow speed browsing, streaming HD content and gaming. However, when I asked if they could check the traffic in the area they said they weren’t able to do that: that says it all I think. In the morning everything is fast. This is obviously a network issue related to this area. As all of our areas and time frames in which we noticed the problem match up. 

Please virgin stop ignoring this. The customer service will check for router fault and tell you all is good but there is something wrong with the network during peak activity and that is affecting a lot of people, given all the posts in this thread without counting the majority of people that suffer in silence.

Drofder
Dialled in
Message 26 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Lets not get our hopes up too quickly, but its almost 6:00pm and my graphs are currently stable, which they haven't been for the last four afternoons (4:00pm onwards).

I shall be home in a couple of hours - we shall see if it continues to hold!

0 Kudos
MoGa
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Back home for the evening and mine is looking good too (100MBPS) But it doesn’t show in the graph at the moment My Broadband Ping - My Virgin connection
0 Kudos
Drofder
Dialled in
Message 28 of 47
Flag for a moderator

You may have had a change of IP.

Check what IP is shown on your monitor and then check against your current IP (google "my ip")

0 Kudos
MoGa
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Am a mum doing family stuff and only have an iPad.  You’d be amazed how difficult and how many attempts it took to force the iPad to let me take a copy of the script needed to paste those graphs.  Will have a look once the kid has gone to sleep.  And that will be LATE.

0 Kudos
dga
Joining in
Message 30 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Download speeds seems to have been resolved where I am (NW6).

0 Kudos