Menu
Drofder
Dialled in
Message 1 of 47
Flag for a moderator

High Packetloss NW5 (Area 15)

Both my brother and I are suffering from extreme packetloss since Sunday night at exactly 10:00pm.
Considering this is happening on two different accounts, two different routers and on two separate roads but on the same area number and starting at the exact times with almost identical graphs - I think it is safe to assume this problem is external.

I have noticed there are two cabinets open on Bartholomew Road (NW5) again.

Could someone please look in to this?
I will update this post if anything changes. Below are the graphs from both accounts.

Sunday:
My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Again (IP Change 15/08/17)

My Broadband Ping - Paul's

Today:

Drofder
Dialled in
Message 2 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Packetloss NW5 (Area 15)

Third night of terrible internet.

No faults listed in the area. I tried messaging the Twitter team as they have a significantly faster turn around time, but they have advised I phone the tech support line. I am not really up for having a conversation with a script that tells me to restart my router. I feel it is conveniently tied to the same time I noticed the two cabinets swinging open.

Cabinet one: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5481614,-0.1350823,3a,43.2y,52.04h,82.71t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3k6v...

Cabinet two: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.548551,-0.135029,3a,35.3y,314.92h,79.11t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sktrlU...

Drofder
Dialled in
Message 3 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Internet still doing the same.

The cabinets have been reported and hopefully it is the problem and the fault will rectify itself. If not I have a provisional engineer booked for Monday.
Will update for any changes.

Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I'm in NW5 also. Prince of Wales Road. Experiencing the exact same issue, started going badly couple of days ago. It's incredibly frustrating, impossible to play any online games whatsoever as the packet loss and high ping is skyrocketing.
0 Kudos
Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 47
Flag for a moderator

22/11/2018 (working as normal)

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media SH3

11/12/2018

12/12/2018

Would be nice if someone from Virgin acknowledged this as it's absolutely unacceptable at the moment.

I couldn't even access the Hub today (it's in modem mode as it's been since I've had it installed for months). It just timed out, had to manually reboot it.

0 Kudos
Drofder
Dialled in
Message 6 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Any chance you have a Quality Report for Sunday 9th Decmber. Would be interested to know if your problem also occurred at exactly 10:00pm.

I got told my graph being the same as my brothers could be coincidence. I do wonder how many matching graphs are required to go from coincidence to obvious external issue.

0 Kudos
Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 47
Flag for a moderator

There you go. Proof. I don't know what else we can do from now on unless someone from staff chimes in to acknowledge this. 

0 Kudos
Drofder
Dialled in
Message 8 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Are you also Area 15?

I have an engineer booked for Monday 4-7pm, if the problem isn't resolved by then I shall raise this topic.
I phone the tech support line today - suprisingly helpful, had some actual knowledge and didn't just ask me to reset the router. I as advised by the Twitter support team to phone the 151 number just to report the fault - if only just to have it logged. I advise you do the same (I phoned at 7:30pm).

Feel free to notify them of this thread and the engineer booked in this area.
0 Kudos
Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@Drofder wrote:
Are you also Area 15?

I have an engineer booked for Monday 4-7pm, if the problem isn't resolved by then I shall raise this topic.
I phone the tech support line today - suprisingly helpful, had some actual knowledge and didn't just ask me to reset the router. I as advised by the Twitter support team to phone the 151 number just to report the fault - if only just to have it logged. I advise you do the same (I phoned at 7:30pm).

Feel free to notify them of this thread and the engineer booked in this area.

As per my first post, I mentioned I'm in NW15 also. Prince of Wales Road. I'll give them a call tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 47
Flag for a moderator

13/12/2018: Absolutely terrible still as can be seen. I'm still going to keep posting until a virgin media staff bothers to reply. My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media SH3
0 Kudos