Menu
MoGa
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: ill Re: High Packetloss NW5 (Area 15)

Nearly 10pm and it’s been working beautifully today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 42 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Packetloss NW5 (Area 15)

Hi all,

Apologies for the recent connection problems, networks have been investigating, and reporting that a fault on one the local cores has now been resolved....fingers crossed this is now fixed.

If problems remain ongoing please let us know and we'll escalate again with networks.

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Drofder
Dialled in
Message 43 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know.

Now that an error has been found and acknowledged, who do we discuss compensation with in regards to this period of terrible usage?
https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/loss-of-...

Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 47
Flag for a moderator

It's perfect now, probably better than before  Would be cool if there was more internal communication instead of being dismissed as nonsense by customer support. 

MoGa
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Was curious as to what the compensation would be. 

Last bill was £45.58.  This bill, after hours of frustrating calls where the problem was not acknowledged and days of interrupted service, it was £41.90.

So despite having first called to report the fault at the beginning of the week and not seeing resolution until nearly a week later I get “compensation” adding up to less than two days.

0 Kudos
MoGa
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Just checked the bill properly.  It was £1.90 for a call on top of the standard £40.  Despite having been reasssured by phone that I would get a discount for the service disruption.  Nuffink.

0 Kudos
MoGa
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 47
Flag for a moderator

So, half an hour on the phone later, and I have a resolution.

Since I initially reported this on the 12th and it was resolved on the 16th, compensation due is £5.57.

I can expect to have this taken off my next bill.

0 Kudos