Help Please - M500 speed issue when connected to third party router
Apologies for the detailed info below but hope someone can help me - I upgraded my broadband speed yesterday from M200 to M500 and have come across an issue which I am not sure why its happening. Details are below.
Prior to the upgrade my setup was as follow running good for the past two years or so on M200:
1. SH3 running in "Modem" mode 2. SH3 connected to the "Internet/WAN" port of the Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 which has all the routing/DHCP configured etc. 3. Netgear is connected to a port on a Netgear 8-port gig switch 4. All wired devices connected via the Netgear switch. 5. Also have 2 x routers configured as "Access Points" to improve wifi throughout large property as well as four other data points which are connected via the Netgear switch above 6. Also have a Hikvison switch on the above network for my Hikvision IP cameras. 7. With the above setup, everything has been working fine - wired speeds around 190-200mbps, wifi speeds around 160-190mbps.
The problem arises as follow after being upgraded to M500:
1. M500 speed activated last night and rebooted everything today but noticed that speeds were still similar to M200 2. Spoke to VM support via Chat who recommended to do a "pin hole" reset of SH3 which I did which meant that my SH3 was back to original "Router/wifi" mode with all routing going through SH3 so at this point I switched off the Netgear router. 3. Connected an ethernet cable from SH3 (in router/dhcp mode) to laptop and got the required speed of around 510-520mbps and wifi speeds of 300+mbps 4. Put the SH3 back in "Modem Mode" again 5. Connected and switched on the Netgear router again as it was prior to the upgrade to M500 6. Did a wired and wifi speed test and was getting the M200 speed tests again. 7. As soon as I "pin hole" reset the SH3 and switched off the Netgear router, connected from SH3 to laptop, the speeds are fine again for the M500 - wired 500+mbps and wifi 300+mbps
Therefore, can anyone please advise as to what the issue/problem might be as at present I've disconnected the Netgear router and left the SH3 in router/dhcp mode and getting the expected M500 speeds.
Re: Help Please - M500 speed issue when connected to third party router
My switch is a Netgear Prosafe Gigabit GS108 and all my wired devices and data points are connected via this switch.
As mentioned in my previous update message the issue was fixed by updating the Netgear R8000 router to the latest version and I now get around 260-350mbps WiFi speed and wired speed is around 480-530mbps.
Also wanted peoples opinion as to whether I should leave Port Scanning and DoS protection enabled on the router or not.