cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had broadband upgrade a week ago and all nightmares started!

anapa69
Joining in

Had my broadband upgraded to 1 GBPs speed with new router installed.
But speed is worst than my previous broadband. Any video on youtube or facebook can't load and goes in buffer mode. Whatsapp voice/video calls are terrible since upgrade. VPN connection drops 10-15 times in a day. Office Team meetings audio/video not good.

There is certainly issue with speed and reliability since upgrade.

Did all usual checks with cable/connectors. Did power reset.... nothing helps.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

hendrics
Joining in

did you manage to fix any of it? I've just joined with 1Gig broadband only mode and setting up it behind a router (modem-only mode on the hub4) and seeing issues on YouTube on my tv. Occasionally YouTube stutter on other devices but on TV it is about 50% when the video does not start and just sits there... I've tried all the usual workarounds so far. Last one the reset of TV just recently and it was fixed at first but so was other methods. Did the issue go away for you or did you have to change anything?