cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3 vs HUB 4 on M500

kmb786
On our wavelength

Hi

Recently go upgraded from M200 to M500 and WiFi and wired speeds are good. 

I’m currently running my HUB 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R8000 router. 

My question is that is there any benefit in upgrading to a HUB 4 if I’m going to run it in modem mode - what are the benefits if any between HUB 3 and HUB 4 and do I need it in my situation. 

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No real benefit - as you are in modem mode. Leave it as it is unless you want to go to 1GB - where the Hub4 is required

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

kmb786
On our wavelength

Hi John

Thanks for your reply - that’s what I thought but just wanted an opinion from others on here. 

thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

For M500 you won't get a hub 4 anyway unless VM provides it for network reasons such as congestion.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi You can get offerd the hub4 on 500M as I got the email offer to get it for free but it was the same day as the gig1 whent live in my area. As far as I can tell there's no network problem in my area. Anyways I did upgrade to GIG1 so I'll get the hub4 ether way.