cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3 Modem Mode Slow speeds - EA9500 Linksys router

slaterss
On our wavelength

is there any update on this problem please?

i have M500, Hub3 in modem modem, using EA9500 Linksys router; and I only get 250-300Mbit download speeds; whereas if use my router at a friends who has 1GPS i get 900Mbit fine; so i know its not my router or CAT6 cables.

Please help.

[MOD EDIT: Post split from old thread and subject title changed for clarity]

27 REPLIES 27

@slaterss I can't answer the first question but as for the second; yes, changing to router mode will absolutely change your public IP address, changing back to modem mode will almost certainly give you the same current address back.

What you could do is temporarily change to router mode, make a note of what IP address you get and then revert back to modem mode. Then give this address to your IT people to whitelist it on the VPN endpoint, but stress that this address is NOT instead of the current one but a temporary additional address. As long as they can do this, then if you do revert to router mode (and it may take a couple of hours/days for VM to collect whatever info they need), then your VPN connection should come back up again.

slaterss
On our wavelength

thank you for your answers.

My Hub3 has just rebooted itself; i assume someone in VM initiated the reboot as part of their investigation.

From looking at the account I can't see anyone from the Forum Team accessing your account recently slaterss, when did it reboot?

Rob

slaterss
On our wavelength

16:25 UK Time.

Hi, we wouldn't reboot it without advising so first. 

Are you able to give us a time/date for it to be in router mode so we can run our checks?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

slaterss
On our wavelength

Hi,

Would a 2 hour window on Saturday sometime or Sunday sometime be convenient?

if so, please let me know the 2hr window and I will make sure the Hub3 is in router mode during that period.

Thank you.

Hi slaterss,

Thanks for coming back to us on this.

Due to the way we pick up posts, with different shifts and different people who are in, there is no guarantee of when we would pick the thread up again. 

It would be best to put the Hub into normal router mode, post back here to let us know and then leave in router mode until we reply. This will allow us to then run the relevant tests without any further delay. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

slaterss
On our wavelength

thanks for your reply; unfortunately i can't leave it in router mode that long.  So i will go onto chat and downgrade back to M350.