cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3 Modem Mode Slow speeds - EA9500 Linksys router

slaterss
On our wavelength

is there any update on this problem please?

i have M500, Hub3 in modem modem, using EA9500 Linksys router; and I only get 250-300Mbit download speeds; whereas if use my router at a friends who has 1GPS i get 900Mbit fine; so i know its not my router or CAT6 cables.

Please help.

[MOD EDIT: Post split from old thread and subject title changed for clarity]

27 REPLIES 27

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So VM is slow in your area then for speed test.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go into your hub on 192.168.100.1 and post your up/downstream stats and network log. It could well be a circuit problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

We have chased this with the team and they have advised that they're not aware of any known issues that may cause this slaterss, I'm happy to take another look at the equipment and connection from our side but twould need the Hub to be taken out of modem mode.

If you would like us to do this just let us know when it is in router mode and we'll take a look.

Rob

slaterss
On our wavelength

VM thank you for your help.

I can't leave the hub 3  in router mode, as i am working from home, and my connection for my works equipment is from my own router; sorry - i appreciate this does not help diagnose the problem.

I did test the hub3 in router mode a few weeks ago; and i was stil not getting the speeds of M500 and only slightly improved 320Mbit speeds on ethernet on a good day.

Is there Speedtest.net - point i can do M500 or greater test against, that will give >500Mbit speeds if it is available ? - i have tried 20+ now and all of them give <270Mbit for me.

Back in Dec 2020 last year i was getting 350Mbit to 370Mbit from a directly connected ethernet to my router.  

Now i get between 220 and 270Mbit and it has been like this for the past 3months#

I might as well downgrade back to M350 and save myself money as I have:-

1) never got M500 speeds

2) the speed lately has been even worse then it was late last year.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As previously requested, please post the Network log, power levels and Pre and PostRS errors from the Hub.  Also setup a BQM for monitoring your incoming circuit.  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

slaterss
On our wavelength

Many thanks.

My BQM 

will do (although i had previously posted my network logs and details but the post no longer exists in this thread ??).

although currently i can't get to my modem IP on 192.168.100.1.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Try 192.168.0.1

If that doesn't work, reset the Hub.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi slaterss, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We appreciate the frustration but as everything is looking OK currently then next step is to remove any third party equipment. On your next day off, please pop the Hub back in to it's usual mode and remove the router. Post back here to let us know and we can run the checks we need to then. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Kath_F wrote:

Post back here to let us know and we can run the checks we need to then. 

But what checks can't you do in modem mode that you can in router mode I want details! please  

---------------------------------------------------------------