cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - RealSam not connecting

ewhitey
Superfast

Hi all - Hoping this is going to be an easy fix and something silly from my end.

I'm directly connected to the Hub 4 in router mode by Cat 5e cable. I'm currently having speed issues which are being addressed (Thanks to Forum staff :)) - The source issue being a corroded cable due to be changed over the next 7-10 days.

Obviously I'm still trying to monitor my speeds but can only use RealSam for speeds TO the Hub. RealSam however, won't connect and I consistently get the result below no matter what the time/browser etc (incidentally the same on the iPhone via wifi?).

The SamKnows result states: "No router found Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Virgin Media Hub. The Virgin Media Hub must also be on router mode"

I am connected via ethernet and the Hub is in Router mode - Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

Quite possibly the agent which runs on the hub to communicate with the servers has fallen over, a simple reboot of the hub might get it back up or running - if not a full factory reset should.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Quite possibly the agent which runs on the hub to communicate with the servers has fallen over, a simple reboot of the hub might get it back up or running - if not a full factory reset should.

All sorted...Many thanks 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ewhitey,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced some connection issues!

We're glad to see that @jem101 was able to advise on this and that your issue is now resolved.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you need help with anything else. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs