Great Speeds

rfonline
On our wavelength

Untitled.jpg

I'm happy the speeds i'm getting 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you and others are happy with their service (possibly the minority)

The happiness tend to change to frustration when people pay for these services but get nowhere near the speed or prices promised and then have to endure endless hours of calls, talking to advisors from all over the world only to have nothing sorted - this is where VM are failing.

Long may your speed remain as I wouldn't wish their Customer Service on anyone

The speeds have dropped i'm only getting 49.00mb on rockstar games client when last night i was getting 109mb

i had a email from virgin media saying Just a quick reminder that we’re carrying out essential works to improve our network on Wed 03 Aug, which might interrupt your services. hopefully they will fix the speed issue 

rfonline
On our wavelength

i have a new XPS 8950 dell computer

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-12900K processor (16-Core, 30MB Cache, 3.2GHz to 5.2GHz )

Windows 11 Home

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB (LHR)

which i added 128GB DDR5, 4800MHz to it

and upgraded the sdd to 2 Crucial P5 Plus CT2000P5PSSD8 2TB (PCIe 4.0, 3D NAND, NVMe, M.2 Gaming SSD) up to 6600MB/s

it has 2.5 gig ethernet port so why are my speeds bad? i'm using superhub 4 hopefully virgin media will upgrade me to superhub 5

rfonline
On our wavelength

its working faster now 109mb out of a gig1 connection

rfonline
On our wavelength

slow upload speeds

Untitled.jpg

@rfonline wrote:

The speeds have dropped i'm only getting 49.00mb on rockstar games client when last night i was getting 109mb

i had a email from virgin media saying Just a quick reminder that we’re carrying out essential works to improve our network on Wed 03 Aug, which might interrupt your services. hopefully they will fix the speed issue 

Just to confirm you aren't mixing up your MB/s with Mbps?

it just says MB on rockstar games client

@rfonline wrote:

it just says MB on rockstar games client

That could be MB/s so 109MB/s is 872Mbps!

Great