cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving Notice to Virgin Media of Termination of Contract due to their inability to provide what is being

makoshark
On our wavelength

After nearly three years of not being provided what I pay for from Virgin Media, I wish to give notice of my intent to cancel my contract as the service has failed to be improved, there is no easy way of reporting faults or poor service and almost impossible to actually speak to somebody from VM02 (that's despite the fact they are allegedly a communications company)

Well enough is enough and I want to quit this awful service provider and move to somebody that actually provides what they take money for!

Anybody any idea how I can legally advise VM02 that I wish to cancel my contract giving the necessary 4 week notice of termination due to poor service provision that fails to meet with the terms of said contractual service provision?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The best way for purposes of preserving your sanity is to send a letter by recorded delivery to the following address giving a month's notice and all of your account and contact details 

Complaints, Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.

Ps who are you planning to join? 

Just be aware that in you are still in contract you will have to pay disconnection penalties, the way around this is for them and you to set up an OFCOM monitor, if proven that you do not receive 50% of your contracted speed over a consecutive three days then you can leave without penalty.

The monitor runs for thirty days.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi makoshark, 

Thank you for posting to the community. 

Firstly, I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your service and this is causing you to want to leave. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to handle cancellations via the Forum but information on how to request cancellation can be found here

Can you please expand on the issues you have been experiencing as we would want to do all we can to help?

Thanks

Nat

Thank you for your reply.

My problem is as follows: -

I signed up for Virgin Broadband three years ago and my contract states I should recieve the 350Mb service (which is what I am charged for and pay for). I have probably received that level of service only for a limited period after I had complained and mircaculously after, the level of bandwidth increased to 200Mb plus but soon drops off again.

The last time this happened, I was so annoyed because the 'VM Engineer' online told me that the only way I could test the real speed was by plugging my laptop with a CAT6 cable directly into the VM router. I did this and still had a reading way below the 350Mb so he basically told me either my computer or my CAT6 cacle was faulty. When I explained that I had tested my laptop and cable upon my sons 200Mb service and got constant readings exceeding 200Mb, he did not believe me. However, quite amazingly after he had finished, my broadband went up to over 200Mb but this only lasted for a short period before it was back down again.

What happened to actual testing at customer premises? Does this not happen any more? I have appreciated the past year or so has been difficult but now it is beyond a joke.

I pay and have paid for a 350Mb service but I am not receiving anything remotely close to it... and sadly I do not believe that VM can provide what they are contracted to deliver upon a continuous basis... a clear case of breach of contract.

So I have literally just undertaken a speedtest with the results being Ping: 14ms / Download 79.3 Mbps / Upload 35.2 Mbps ... which is the best I have had for several weeks now but still way off the 350Mbps I pay for and still way below the 50% threshold.

Is there a telephone number I can call as I'm totally at my wits end over this....

Thanks for explaining further and we would love for a chance to get the issue with your service sorted! I have taken a look at our systems and can see there is a problem with your downstream power levels. I will therefore need to get a technician to come out and correct these. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and take it from there.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs