cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 speeds

Lock101
Tuning in

Hello everyone, I’ve recently upgraded internet to gig1 Virgin broadband and the speeds are worse than the m350 pack I’ve had previously. It is my understanding that some people have had setting issues with the new routers. I’ve cross referenced my settings to others that people have posted. And to be honest I have no idea what I’m looking. I have all the device that I require the top speeds for hard wired to the router and I’m still only getting 100mbps at best. Thanks Dan

14 REPLIES 14

carl_pearce
Community elder

Please run a check against this site:

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Hi there yes I’ve run this test. I’m getting good speeds to my router. My wired connections I’m getting 900 mbps to one device my Apple TV and the other three Ethernet ports are are 100 mbps. I’ve logged in to my router states but can’t figure out I how to share. Thanks for the reply

@Lock101 wrote:

Hi there yes I’ve run this test. I’m getting good speeds to my router. My wired connections I’m getting 900 mbps to one device my Apple TV and the other three Ethernet ports are are 100 mbps. I’ve logged in to my router states but can’t figure out I how to share. Thanks for the reply

If you swap the Apple TV to one of the other ports does it reduce in speed to 100Mbps?

"Apple TV 3rd generation Rev A and Apple TV HD have 100MB Ethernet connections and Apple TV 4K has a 1GB Ethernet connection."

What model do you have?

Hi @Lock101

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How is the performance today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi travis still the same to be honest. I’ve bought some new cat 7 cables to see if that makes a different but it hasn’t. All Ethernet port connected devices are around 80 to 100 mbps. Apart from my Apple TV 4K. Could this be the case that the other devices can’t receive these speeds? My gaming pc should be able to surely. 

@Lock101 wrote:

Hi travis still the same to be honest. I’ve bought some new cat 7 cables to see if that makes a different but it hasn’t. All Ethernet port connected devices are around 80 to 100 mbps. Apart from my Apple TV 4K. Could this be the case that the other devices can’t receive these speeds? My gaming pc should be able to surely. 

If you log into the HUB, then check the 'Connected Devices' section, you'll see what speed each device, wired and wireless, is connected at:

These are my speeds. The TiVo box and Apple TV getting best speeds. 

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 09.17.39.png