cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 speed only 600mb max

sambo2008uk
On our wavelength

I've had Gig1 installed yesterday & since then my download is 600mb at a push on WiFi & wired in modem mode, when before on 600mb ultimate oomph package I got 650mb on both WiFi & wired in modem mode using my Asus ax11000 router. I have cat7 ethernet cables running from hub4 to the Asus router & still the maximum speed I'm getting is 600mb download & 51mb upload? Can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What speeds do you get over an ethernet connection direct to the hub in router mode?  VM will automatically blame any customer wifi, so you need to take that out of the equation.  Put the hub in router mode, your own router in access point mode (so you still have better quality wifi and don't have to reconnect devices), and connect your ethernet devices alternately to the hub, and to your own router's ports.  See how that performs over a few days, and check the SamKnows capability built in to the hub's router.

If you can establish that the VM hub is putting out slow speeds, that's VM's problem, and with a little effort they can be pushed to fix it. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Wire only a PC to the hub in modem mode and do a speed test.

---------------------------------------------------------------

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

post the config file - you would not be the first that the upgraded config file had not been uploaded

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Screenshot 2021-10-13 221316.png

how do i do that?

Screenshot 2021-10-13 221655.png

The image hasn't worked but direct Sam knows speed test via ethernet was 349 download 43 upload. 

Hi, Have you tried RealSpeed - SamKnows

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Screenshot 2021-10-14 102152.png

Tried sam knows wont even detect router now even in router mode.