cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 slow speed - Connected to DOCIS 3.0 Channels on Hub 4.

Jamied281
Tuning in

Good Afternoon, 

I'm having an issue connecting to DOCIS 3.1 channels on my Hub 4. 

Its the same issue as this thread is talking about: Gig1 DOCSIS 3.1 Channels - Virgin Media Community - 4519380

I've tried the basic fault finding steps, e.g reset Hub, check cables etc, but to no avail. 

I was sold this under the advice that Gig1 was available in my area. 

Would be grateful for  some help from a mod, I possibly need to book an engineer. 

Thanks in advance,

James. 

14 REPLIES 14

Afternoon All,

A little update - even after the engineer visiting I'm still not registering a DOCSIS 3.1 channel and my speed is still below what I should be getting. 

He told me that the modem is just reporting wrong and I should ignore it. I'm convinced I should have at least 1 DOCSIS 3.1 channel for Gig1.

Thoughts?  

Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels

Regards

James. 

@Jamied281 wrote:

Afternoon All,

A little update - even after the engineer visiting I'm still not registering a DOCSIS 3.1 channel and my speed is still below what I should be getting. 

He told me that the modem is just reporting wrong and I should ignore it. I'm convinced I should have at least 1 DOCSIS 3.1 channel for Gig1.

Thoughts? 

We don't think you need a 3.1 channel to get 1 gig, we KNOW you do.

It's either isn't available in your area (you have been miss sold)

Or

It's not working (faulty)

Either way its up to virgin to work that out.

I fear my suspicions maybe correct then. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@risc19 wrote:

@Jamied281 wrote:

Afternoon All,

Thoughts? 

We don't think you need a 3.1 channel to get 1 gig, we KNOW you do.

Should have the 3.1 channel indeed. It's not required to deliver a gigabit service and VM could probably sell a gigabit in some areas without using it but that's not how they roll. 

Another thread about no 3.1 channel. I feel like if been fobbed off.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-DOCSIS-3-1-Channels/td-p/4846648