cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 running at 374

chronicbint
On our wavelength

Since getting a Hub4 and Gig1 my speed has gone from a consistent 650 ish(M600) to sub 400. The latency on thinkbroadband is all over the place when before it was consistently ok.

I try to run a check and get this

1.png

or this

2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Issues were resolved with a full factory reset thanks. The lady had me hold the pin reset button for a whole minute(not sure that is necessary or not).

Now just have the standard bad latency of the puma chipset 😂 (I would literally pay for a hub 5....)

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have exactly the same issue after upgrading a week ago from M600! So frustrating all virgin media want to do is send an engineer out.

The router/hub is clearly provisioned wrong or my account is setup wrong. Its capped at around M350 speeds.

More phone calls today, probably spent 5 hours on the phone these past few days.

OK, a factory reset has resolved the issue. 😀

Now getting 950 directly connected to the router and 700mb when I switch to modem mode to use my router. Happy with that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was that via a pinhole reset?

Hi @chronicbint,

I am very sorry to hear that you faced some issues with your connection speeds recently. However, I'm glad to hear that these have now been resolved following a factory reset of the router.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Anonymous,

I am so sorry to hear that you're having some broadband connection speed issues lately. Are these problems ongoing for you today?

If so, what speeds are you currently getting whilst using a wired connection? You can run a speed test here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Issues were resolved with a full factory reset thanks. The lady had me hold the pin reset button for a whole minute(not sure that is necessary or not).

Now just have the standard bad latency of the puma chipset 😂 (I would literally pay for a hub 5....)

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chronicbint wrote:

Issues were resolved with a full factory reset thanks. The lady had me hold the pin reset button for a whole minute(not sure that is necessary or not).  <snip>

Yes 60 seconds is recommended. Also do not reboot the Hub after the reset, just let it initialise itself. Takes around 5 minutes or so. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks