cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 line errors

njhuz
Joining in

Hi there

Upgraded to Gig1 last week and although I am getting ~950Mb to the house and streaming and general internet usage is fine, gaming keeps freezing for about 5 seconds and then "skipping" to catch-up.

Gaming console is via ethernet connection and there have been no other changes to the internal network when upgrading to Hub4. The freezing issue has only happened since switching to the new hub/Gig1 service.

Having looked at the log on the Hub, I can see that I have 41 D/S DOCSIS 3.0 channels and 1 D/S DOCSIS 3.1. There are zero errors on the DOCSIS 3.0 but 1093524817 Correcteds on 3.1 and 996 Uncorrectables on the 3.1.

Should those errors worry me?

I've also done a Ping test via the Hub to 8.8.8.8 and on occasion one of the 4 packets is lost. Again, any reason for concern?

With many thanks to anyone on here for any help/advice

Neil

22 REPLIES 22

Thanks for responding Kath.

I've switched the Hub back on, but I haven't got any traffic running through it at the moment as I'm using a dongle as it is much more reliable than the Virgin connection.

I spent ages hanging on for technical support yesterday and they are now sending an engineer out to see what's wrong. Clearly something is up - all that packet loss (in the 24/36 hours preceding me switching it off) has to be significant - especially when it is affecting real-world performance on things like video conferencing, gaming and voice. Especially odd since it had been OK for a couple of weeks after the original problems back at the beginning of November, when I first posted.

Thank you again for taking a look - if you can see anything that could help, that would be great.

All the best

Neil

Hi there @njhuz

Thank you so much for updating and I am so sorry that this issue has been on going. 

I'm glad that you have an engineer attending, this would be the step that we would recommend next. 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking once they have been?

Thanks again. 

This is an old thread sorry but I have the exact same problems has described by the OP, did this get sorted?