cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 line errors

njhuz
Joining in

Hi there

Upgraded to Gig1 last week and although I am getting ~950Mb to the house and streaming and general internet usage is fine, gaming keeps freezing for about 5 seconds and then "skipping" to catch-up.

Gaming console is via ethernet connection and there have been no other changes to the internal network when upgrading to Hub4. The freezing issue has only happened since switching to the new hub/Gig1 service.

Having looked at the log on the Hub, I can see that I have 41 D/S DOCSIS 3.0 channels and 1 D/S DOCSIS 3.1. There are zero errors on the DOCSIS 3.0 but 1093524817 Correcteds on 3.1 and 996 Uncorrectables on the 3.1.

Should those errors worry me?

I've also done a Ping test via the Hub to 8.8.8.8 and on occasion one of the 4 packets is lost. Again, any reason for concern?

With many thanks to anyone on here for any help/advice

Neil

22 REPLIES 22

Thank you for checking Kath.

What's the best way of me finding out once the fault has been fixed please?

With many thanks

Neil

Hi njhuz,

You can sign in via our Service Status page there you can register for updates Via Text or Email, you can also call our faults line on 0800 561 0061?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul - I've signed-in and I'm on that Service Status page but there's nothing immediately obvious on there that I can use to sign-up to any updates. It's all about running diagnostic tests for each element e.g. Broadband, Phone etc etc

Any other pointers please?

With many thanks

Neil

Thank you for that information. Is the fault advised by my colleague showing on the service page?

^Martin

Hi Martin

No - no faults are showing on that page - but they weren't when I first had the issues with intermittent freezing, so I didn't know whether the fault advised on here by your colleague was something that was coincidental, or as a result of my raising it on here - either of which has now been fixed?

With many thanks

Neil

Looking into the local area @njhuz, it appears the outage is still present and is due to be fixed on 24/11/21 at 09:00

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you

Can you confirm if this is now showing on the service status checker

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

Thank you for the update - it’s still not showing on my status checker though. 

Many thanks

Neil

Could anyone help please?

There's been some pretty meaty packet loss this morning so whatever the issue was that was affecting our service is still there. See here:Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

Can anyone see if the fault that apparently existed in our area has now supposedly been fixed please - it still doesn't show up on my status checker.

With many thanks

Neil

See if the fault is still listed on 0800 561 0061

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi njhuz, 

Thanks for coming back here and apologies to hear that you're connection is still having issues. 

Checking the account I can see there is no longer an area fault affecting you however looking at the BQM you've posted, it's showing the Hub has been offline for a little while. 

The stats on your hub show it's offline too. Can you please turn back on and leave on for us to run through some diagnostics to see what's going on. 

Pop a post back here once the Hub is back on and either me, or another member of the team will look in to things further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs