cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 getting ~800mbps

bally12345
Dialled in

Upgraded to Gig1 but was expecting to max out at 1140mbps non peak time but can't get passed 800-850mbps.

I am in modem mode with unifi dream machine pro for router. Am I expecting too much or is this about as good as it will get?

Anyone get faster? 

26 REPLIES 26

I have the older separate phoneline (I cannot remember without calling the number which colour area I am in but not the all bells and whistles function VOIP one).

I can live without it but they should have made it a proper trial, many did not know what they were getting into and at the end of the day I was/am getting more than the speed in this title so....

48606c285e3362d5c2c86de75411f60d.gif

Hi bally12345, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. I can see that you are now getting a great speed. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. ^Chris. 

Had the Hub 5 running in modem mode for a while now, get the headline speed directly into the router via the 2.5gbit port (1100ish) and otherwise no better or worse as a modem than the hub 4, so I'd rather have the 5.

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey

@Guybrush85 Were you getting those latency spikes with a Hub 4?

Yeah, I've never had a super clean BQM for a couple of years I'm afraid. Actually it looks quite nice at the moment compared to what it will look like next week when everyone goes back into work

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Guybrush85 wrote:

Had the Hub 5 running in modem mode for a while now, <snip>

Which is exactly why you are happy.  Reading the threads of the users who are in "Router mode", does not make for happy reading.....  Most didn't know the Hub was in trials, and many have had to revert back to their older Hubs.  Too many firmware bugs to be ironed out yet it seems  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Router mode - as if that's a thing. Next you'll be telling the last 6 hubs I've had, had this 'router mode' too... I'll hear nothing of it!! 😉