cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 getting ~800mbps

bally12345
Dialled in

Upgraded to Gig1 but was expecting to max out at 1140mbps non peak time but can't get passed 800-850mbps.

I am in modem mode with unifi dream machine pro for router. Am I expecting too much or is this about as good as it will get?

Anyone get faster? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bally12345 wrote:

To be fair iv not had a chance to check. Pretty sure I'm using Port 1 on the SH5 and non of the ports were labelled. I thought they were all 2.5gb

Will run down and have a look

Port 4 is 2.5Gbps

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot get more than 950mb as your Ethernet ports on the hub are only rated at 1000mb.

I have super hub 5 and the udm pro se also has 2.5gb WAN port. I thought the SH5 had 2.5gb ports? 

@bally12345 wrote:

I have super hub 5 and the udm pro se also has 2.5gb WAN port. I thought the SH5 had 2.5gb ports? 

Are you using the 2.5Gbps port (There is only one)?

What's the link speed showing on your UDM Pro se?

To be fair iv not had a chance to check. Pretty sure I'm using Port 1 on the SH5 and non of the ports were labelled. I thought they were all 2.5gb

@bally12345 wrote:

Port 4 is 2.5Gbps

Would have helped if I took the sticker off covering the ports 

20211221_215820.jpg

Just redone speed test and now getting over 1100mbps! Happy days 

@bally12345 wrote:

Would have helped if I took the sticker off covering the ports 

20211221_215820.jpg

Just redone speed test and now getting over 1100mbps! Happy days 

Nice.

Shows that the HUB 5 is capable to the masses as well!

Thanks for your reply and update, bally12345,

Glad to hear you are getting better speeds.

Cheers,

Corey C

jhuk
Trouble shooter

So he is one of the few on 1Gb/s with a HUB 5, I assume he accepted the trial email got sent a HUB5 then later upgraded to 1Gb/s which they could have refused no doubt as not compatible with his account.