cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 connect to FTP

fonggigi
Settling in

Hi, I just joined the Gig1 plan and using Hub4. When I connect company's FTP via Filezilla, the upload speed is only 700KiB/s. I expect at least 10Mb/s. Can anyone point me to the right solution for a faster connection? TIA

5 REPLIES 5

muffintastic
Superfast
How are you connecting WiFi or ethernet?

I suggest if you're using WiFi I would try a wired connection or at least split the WiFi SSID in the router config, so 2.4ghz and 5ghz AC are using different names but same passphrase and not set to "Manage" or something along those lines.

There is a YouTube tutorial on how to do this different router but same firmware when you login.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R0jzk-vA40

Please not this is NOT MY VIDEO.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fonggigi wrote:

Hi, I just joined the Gig1 plan and using Hub4. When I connect company's FTP via Filezilla, the upload speed is only 700KiB/s. I expect at least 10Mb/s. Can anyone point me to the right solution for a faster connection? TIA

Have you discussed this with your Companies IT Department?  It may be a setting on Filezilla that needs changed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
See what speed you get in modem mode with a PC
---------------------------------------------------------------

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @fonggigi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment, I have looked into this and cannot see anything that would be causing these issues, I checked your connection and the local area to be sure and cannot find any problems.

Have you been able to check via a wired connection as some of the members suggested?

Regards,

Steven_L