cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 Upload Speed Increase?

GavinL95
Joining in

Hi,

I have Gig1 Broadband. My upload speed is capped at 52mbps. I have tried many times to contact Virgin over the phone but no-one understands what I’m asking. I understand about the max traffic rate for the Upstream Service as shown below.

Primary Upstream Service Flow

Max Traffic Rate : 55000270

I am wanting to increase this. As my Hub is DOCSIS 3.1 supported. I should be capable of reaching 1gb/s upload speeds also.

Does anyone know how I go about increasing my upload speed cap?

Many thank,

Gavin

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't increase any of the upload tiers past the one's that VM sell.

If you want 1GB Down and Up, it is available from other suppliers, but your will need a very, very deep pocket .....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OP check https://bidb.uk/ to see what's available to you and on the way. 

Openreach FTTP will provide 110 Mb/s upload, YouFibre, CityFibre and various others will provide symmetrical: same speed up as down.

These vary in price however most are similar in pricing to VMO2 or cheaper.

Between all of them they are available to 42% of the UK now, about 80% of VMO2's coverage, with another 1% of the country being enabled every 4 weeks or so.

@Adduxi wrote:

You can't increase any of the upload tiers past the one's that VM sell.

If you want 1GB Down and Up, it is available from other suppliers, but your will need a very, very deep pocket .....

Hmm not really £40 over city fibre... 

I believe I have one of the cheapest connections you can get - a 1Gbps LL for £280 a month. Makes my VM look a bit silly but Adduxi is so right it's untrue!

Also CF is shared between 32 people and already slow downs are being reported. No thanks!

Less available but still present are Hyperoptic, YouFibre, Gigaclear, toob, and a number of other alternative operators.

Pricing varies but none are more expensive than list price for VM gigabit.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GavinL95 thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

I'm afraid that the tariffs on our 1GB plan are fixed, so there are no options for us to raise the upload speeds to you past the speeds we offer on that particular package.

We'll advise if and when our speeds increase, but at the moment this is our top package.

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Many thanks

Tom_W