cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 Upgrade not taking effect

wilco3d
Tuning in

Hello

Recently been upgraded to gig1 from m600 - I’ve been sent a hub4 to replace my 3 - and got a text to say all ready to go.

I’ve installed the hub4, but still getting m600 speeds. I’ve tried restarting the hub, and hard resetting with the pin hole for 60s as suggested on twitter. But it’s still showing m600 speeds.

any ideas how to force the hub to get a new config??

2A564B1D-08D6-4179-AC03-1210B73788B2.png

2013DF46-3DEB-4DB0-9AFC-A0953A0018D6.png

9CF0870F-0095-43DD-841A-1B11D38AC7DC.png

9 REPLIES 9

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you are still on 600 - try another reset and check things - if that does nothing

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

they should send the config file

Tony.
Sacked VIP

spacecadetuk
On our wavelength

I upgraded 3 weeks ago and have the same issue.

Raised it here, no result, even got told that as I'm getting the guaranteed minimum it's ok.  Phoned and was told the config file had been pushed out. Still the same.

Another phone call, no joy. I'm now raising a complaint.

Good luck and if you get it sorted please let me know how lol

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM

Still no change, just stuck on the M600 config

Do VM support reply and look into community posts? Was trying to avoid a lengthy time on hold and posted here as their Twitter support suggested

They will eventually, but when you post again apparently it bumps you the bottom, weird I know.

When I raised the same issue the forum staff ended up telling me to phone anyway, so you may as well bite the bullet and give the phone a try.

Mine still isn't sorted even though they supposedly pushed the config file to my router, still not sorted.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM

bumping used to move the thread down the queue but afaik thats no longer happens

a reboot and/or a reset is always worth a try

and yes VM get to the threads but they cannot push the config file if thats what it needs

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hmm interesting, I called 150 - couldn't find options for 'thinking of leaving us' so went down a broadband technical support route.

The automated phone service ran a diagnostic, which rebooted my router again - when it came back (whilst I was still on hold waiting to talk to someone), my Max Traffic Rate is now reporting 1200000450 🎉

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 17.02.37.png

Now I just need to work out why I'm losing 300mbps through my cabling 😉

Well done in getting it sorted.

If you are using the hub 4 it cannot output at 1gig so you will not see that full speed on a single connection.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM

Argh, that’s a bit silly - gig1 users should be on a hub5 then! 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the hub5 is not [officially] released for 1 gig although i have seen posts here from users with both 1gig and the hub5

its not compatible with pods at this time and as the 1gig package has the possibility of free pods VM are holding back on the hub5 for any plan with free pods

Tony.
Sacked VIP