cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 - How to prompt 'push' of new Hub 4 config file?

Danmrees
Tuning in

Hi,

Engineer visited yesterday 'to upgrade' me from M350 to Gig1, inc a new Hub 4. 24 hours later, nothing has changed and I'm still on the same M350 speeds. It looks like I just still have the old hub config file with the max downstream traffic rate set at  402,500,089. Is there any way to prompt the 'push' out to me of the update file? I've done the obvious (i.e., restarting) but no effect as yet

Many thanks

Dan

(Hub config page below)

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
cmreg-vmdg640-bbt062-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort
4 REPLIES 4

spacecadetuk
On our wavelength

Hope there is an answer to this as I'm in exactly the same position and really don't want to spend hours on the phone to support asking my to check my connections and am I on WiFi lol

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

This may force the latest config file down.  However if CS has not completed the update, then you will need to call in or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danmrees, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there was an delay with the Hub getting the config to upgrade you to the 1GB speeds. 

Taking a look at the account, there is no provisioning errors which suggests things may have been updated for you now. If not, please follow the advice from Adduxi and perform a pin hole reset. 

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
does the billing happen on the same day you upgrade? or after your last billing? maybe VM are delaying upgrading you till your next billing date.
---------------------------------------------------------------