cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 Fibre Broadband Speed

dailycanof
Joining in

Just upgraded to Gig1 from m500 and have to say that the speed is somewhat underwhelming. I wanted to reach out to the community and see if any one else has had the same issue?

My current setup is Hub4 in modem mode connected to my ASUS RT-AX92U via a cat6. Taking wireless out of the equation and all testing has been done via cable. I spoke to virgin who said I should be getting at least 560/680 mbps but only ever seem to reach 400mbps, I have dne a factory reset on both hub and my asus router and yet still seem to be crawling. This is the current output of a traceroute and speed test this morning..... fastdotcom.JPG

TraceRoute.JPG

Any advise/help would be awesome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Sound advice from @lotharmat .  In addition, your speed test used fast.com, and whilst that's good for use from mobile devices and at lower speeds, there have been reports it doesn't always play nicely at 500+ Mbps.  For the purposes of testing only, possibly over a few days, put the hub back in router mode and the Asus in access point mode.  You can then use the hub's built in Samknows speed test software, but all devices should connect to the Asus without any interruption (other than perhaps a restart to get a new IP address, or if they have fixed IP addresses). 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

lotharmat
Community elder
DO you have any QoS enabled on your router? - SOme have it enabled by default - others *apparently* can learn...

Worth checking!

If this isn't enabled - you'd need to totally rule out your router by connecting a laptop with a good cat6e cable directly to the hub and testing like that!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Sound advice from @lotharmat .  In addition, your speed test used fast.com, and whilst that's good for use from mobile devices and at lower speeds, there have been reports it doesn't always play nicely at 500+ Mbps.  For the purposes of testing only, possibly over a few days, put the hub back in router mode and the Asus in access point mode.  You can then use the hub's built in Samknows speed test software, but all devices should connect to the Asus without any interruption (other than perhaps a restart to get a new IP address, or if they have fixed IP addresses).