cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 10-15Mbps upload speed

DS4130
On our wavelength

Customer in area 20, for last 2 months been getting average 10-15Mbps up speeds unless testing between 4am-6am where getting 40-45Mbps. Hard wired using HUB4 in modem only with Netgear RAX120. Same results connecting directly to Hub4.

Down speed consistently 950Mbps all times of day/night, the up really effects my workflow and not sure how to go about getting it resolved, any help greatly appreciated?

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
13940000036.5205995120 KSym/sec64QAM4
25370000036.2705995120 KSym/sec16QAM2
36030000036.0205995120 KSym/sec32QAM1
44620000036.2705995120 KSym/sec64QAM3

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
1US_TYPE_STDMA0000
2US_TYPE_STDMA0000
3US_TYPE_STDMA0000
4US_TYPE_STDMA0000

90 REPLIES 90

Hi All - thanks to Dave for PMing with me. 

An appointment has now been booked in the first available slot to get this resolved. 

I hope the appointment goes well! Please do return to this thread with an update following the appointment so we can offer further support if needed. 

All the best. 

Molly

DS4130
On our wavelength

Hi Molly

Engineer was really nice and helpful swapped out all cables at property, connections in cabinet and hub but no difference in upload behaviour has been sitting under 10Mbps most of this week.

Also BQM graph has not been looking healthy any ideas?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9bb37d8ef5578c5e912abc7d78b5ffd241...

Regards

Dave

All our BQMs look the same at the moment, it's a national thing.

DS4130
On our wavelength

SpeedTest150422.png

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us DS4130.

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your upload speed. 

I would like to take a look at your account from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

DS4130
On our wavelength

Just an update BQM been looking fine last couple of days but upload is awful this morning...

Screenshot 2022-04-23 104804.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@legacy1 wrote:

Hmm there is a Docsis problem with your modulation but it would seem something upstream is rate limiting somewhere by QoS/BWM if ping was high on upload it would be down to the Docsis slowing you down.

Might be that there are lots uploading in your area so you can't upload faster at peak times

Is auto QoS on in your router? 

It's called packet loss. It breaks things.

@Anonymous wrote:

It's called packet loss. It breaks things.

Their was no packet loss with the exception of known issue that everyone is having

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous
Not applicable

Modulation bounces cause very brief periods of silence on the upstream. That'll be perceived as loss and trigger selective acknowledgements and TCP backoff.

But their is no loss the modulation can bounce about but the packets are in the buffer till a upstream channel is stable to send them. It is bad for the network to lower the modulation its why I think they should be fixed that way you get packet loss if the hub tries very fast to up the modulation all the time only to go low again then I guess that can slow the speed down but not drop packets to a given point.

---------------------------------------------------------------