cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig 1 terrible

Rossg
Joining in

So ….. the upgrade from m350 package was pointless at least on that package I’d receive in the region of 300mbs ….. gig 1 however is just awful , lucky to get 470mbs standing in front of the router on WiFi doing a speed test on Speedtest. … Ethernet cat 6 to the mrs work comp …. Run speed test again on Ethernet connection 459mbs …..

iv spoke to virgin who stated they where gonna keep an eye on my connection speed over the next few days … this was 8 days ago , still not heard anything back . 

is anyone else having the same issues with gig1? 

I debated going to buy a complete mesh WiFi 6 system but I’m just worried I spend all that money and not get the speed to the router I’ll be screwed . 

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

give for speeds?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rossg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your speeds. Taking a look at this end, all is looking good. The speed tests we're running to the Hub are up over 1GB and there's no faults showing with the connection either. 

The speeds you get at home will, of course, depend on a variety of factors, it depends on your package, what and how many devices you have, how they are connected amongst other things.

Double check and make sure your ethernet cable is a cat 6 as the ethernet cable showing here isn't. As well as this, it looks as though you have quite a few devices connected so it may be worth having a look at these links to see if they help optimise things:

Please let us know how these go by updating your thread. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs