Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Getting m100 instead of m200

Hi 

recently had my broadband installed which is great but I’ve noticed it still hasn’t been updated to m200 as agreed 

I arranged all my order over the phone with one of the Virgin guys who came out to the house after noticing I was interested online 

after looking into which service was best in my area he said the m200 and this was the one I initially wanted anyway but did me a special price compared to online.

he said ignore the confirmation emails as would show m100 but assured me it will be m200 package and a set price which I can share but I’ve yet to have anything in email other than correspondence with this person confirming the m200 service. Looking at my virgin hub account online it’s been down as m100 from the installation and I’ve checked my download speed and it’s definitely not m200 I’m getting and has been set as m100.

spoken to the guy at virgin I arranged it with and said he was going to contact the technicians but it is m200 he has sorted for me. Been over a week and no updates so I just want to know this is being sorted and that I’m going to be charged correctly as I’ve only had m100 since install.

also no confirmation of vouchers I should be getting for signing up so be great if you can check that too. Assume be after my first bill but nothing in my email confirmations even mentions them 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting m100 instead of m200

Hello

For us to check you configuration can you goto http://192.168.0.1 when there do not login but goto "Check router status" which is either below the login box or top right, from there copy and paste the data from the Configuration tab.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike 

do people who work for virgin reply on here ?

first time posting but didn’t have time to phone them as at work but appreciate your reply 

I checked the speed on a test online and I’m definitely not getting the m200 

Many thanks for your advice 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes VM staff will pick up the post, but could take a little time.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cool appreciate it 

I’ll check your suggestion when I’m home if no response by then 

have a good one 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike 

cant seem to see check router status anywhere, just asking for router password 

no option under log in or top right 

many thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

what do you see when you go to 192.168.0.1 - first time you have to set up language etc - once you have done that you should see router status link

also how are you testing - if wifi then any speed is possible - always test wired - if you are testing wired what is the network card in the pc and what is the spec of the lan cable

what upload speed are you getting on a test

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony 

thanks for the advice 

I see the language and pick English but then it goes to log in and asks for password and I couldn’t see anything with router status.... tried on my phone at first then laptop just in case it was my phone.

for speed just checking through sites on google but just did another and download speed was 104.8 and upload 9.61 so still fast just not what I should be getting.

ive not tried Wired tbh just because I’m getting average download and upload speeds as above when testing and not really anything above and my virgin hub says m100 not m200 so sort of adds up or so I thought.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

the key on the hub is do not log in - when you see the first screen click on the text below the log in box - that should take you to the settings

as to your config - 10 up confirms you are still on 100 so that bit is as you say and wrong from what you should be on or what the salesman promised - you need a new config file

whether that will increase the download on wifi tests depends on the devices you are using but thats not the issue at hand

@ModTeam - can someone investigate please - should the OP be on 200 or is it a saleman who has said one thing and done another - also talk of voucher that have not happened 

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jarnz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin