Menu
superkarlos
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Getting 15mb on Vivid 350

Would normally get around 130mb, but speed has dropped to 15mb now and sometimes even 6mb. Could someone please help me with this?

0 Kudos
Sylvester81
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting 15mb on Vivid 350

I am on Vivid 350 as well 

peak times 5pm-9pm I am lucky to get 5mbps, goes up to around 30mbps around 10ish and past midnight if I’m really really lucky I might get 100mbps

pretty unacceptable when I pay so much for the top tier of amazing fast broadband and I can’t even get half of the speed promised, wonder what they would say if I only paid half my bill 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Sylvester81 wrote:

peak times 5pm-9pm I am lucky to get 5mbps, goes up to around 30mbps around 10ish and past midnight if I’m really really lucky I might get 100mbps

Is the device you are using for the tests... gigabit enabled, booted into safe mode, and connected directly to the Hub (in modem mode) by a Cat6a ethernet cable? If not try that and report back on what you get.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi superkarlos, 

Are your speeds the same across both wired and wireless connections?  Unfortunately a wireless test isn't always a true reflection of the service being received by the hub. Are you able to run a check on http://speedtest.net via an ethernet cable so we can see what speeds are coming into the property? This will help us to narrow down the nature of the issue and work towards a resolution.

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos