Menu
MrsBooth
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated with broadband

96E22106-25AF-4C29-B5AE-6AA78E4A4A11.png

For the last 6-7 days I have contacted VM at least once a day and had 2 technicians called out. I am now at my wits end.

I have Smart TVs and because of poor latency me and my kids have not been able to watch a programme without it buffering or stopping. 

What’s worse is that VM unable to recognise a problem because they can’t measure speed.

My neighbours also have an issue and now believe it is down to the hub 3 and swooped back. 

Could I please have someone recognise this problem and if it is the hub could I be sent a hub2?

jenny Booth

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrated with broadband

Are you connecting the Smart TV's to the Hub through Cat6a ethernet cables - if not is it by wifi or powerline adapters?

Also - do you other devices (e.g. laptop, pc, phone, tablet) connected to the Hub - if so how - and are there any problems there ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MrsBooth
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

One is through Ethernet cable straight into modem next to it and one WiFi in another room.  

Yep use phones and iPad too which are all intermittent. Have switched my phone onto mobile now to prevent.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just trying to ascertain whether you issues are evident on those devices connected by ethernet cable.  If not - its likely just a wifi issue - and there are things to try to sort that out.  If those devices also have problems then it its more likely a Hub or network connection problem.  So different options depending on that data.  So you need to have a computer or laptop plugged in by Cat6a cable and test it to see whether that is working fine whilst a phone or tablet has dropped out.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MrsBooth
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep it’s not WiFi issue as the tv connected by Ethernet is the one we use most of the time and keeps dropping out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you are in area 15 then a fix is supposed to be coming Tuesday , people in Hackney and islington having problems

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrsBooth, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and your downstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos