Menu
Highlighted
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Flashing green WiFi light for 2 months

Does anyone at Virgin know why this is happening?  My neighbour does not flash .They have changed the hub put new cable in and upgrades me too 200Mbps.  

Still get lost WiFi connection or can't find . intermittent since this light came on.  

Techs that have been are numb to why it's still flashing when everything else checks out.  

We only connect WiFi via out phones which are both apple and Android.  Also my iPad and our sky q box is WiFi . 

We get streaming but it goes all distorted or we lose WiFi connection.  

Page load times take forever then they load, then it says no network etc .

It's very frustrating.  I can't believe this problem cannot be fixed!! 

No internet, try unplug and wait 10 seconds for the miracle to happen!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing green WiFi light for 2 months

Hello Davef1uk

Disappointing to hear this is still an ongoing issue, Can you confirm when the last visit was and what agreed off the back of it?

We do get instances where the WiFi symbol is flashing on the Hub but all services work fine. When this happens, have you logged in here virg.in/service adn ran the tests on your connection and equipment? If not, could you do so please?

Rob

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob . 

Thank you kindly for getting back to me. 

Monday 28th January they did a repull . Found the main cable to be giving over 64 and should be between 35 to 57 they said . So they suspected damage and replaced cable and cable to my house . 

But this resolved nothing .Then a technician came the Saturday of that same week and said he had come to replace the router as he thinks that's my problem which I said it's already been changed.  Sorry he said then nothing he could do . 

Which is fine but this flashing WiFi light is only on my service and not my neighbours . 

.What is frustrating when I called retentions.  He said well your obviously have no issues as your download is high etc. 

I said do you want me to start recording via pictures and video of my intermittent problems and obvious network issues.  Minor as it is, it's annoying . 

He said he can give me a Power Line Adapter.  I said I was already adviced this two months ago and bought one, it made no difference.  So, he said we can try upgrading you to 200mbps and see if that helps.  

Well surprisingly it's hasn't .  

So I'm stuck with some glitchy issue that no one seems to be able to fix.  Had all the excuses and every person at VM call at my inconvenience and still no fix .

We have had prior to this great internet and no issues on WiFi .  

I am waiting on one more excuse from VM that they don't really focus on WiFi   

Well I'm sorry but you had better because most gadgets rely on it and more are coming . 

Sorry.  Just frustrated with it all 

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The flashing WiFi light is a very common bug on the Hub 3, but doesn't signify a problem. If you search this forum for flashing WIFI light you'll find hundreds of posts about it.

So although you clearly have a connection problem of some kind the flashing light isn't related and will continue even when it's resolved.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I only ever had this after I turned the wifi sharing off - I was told it would stop after 4 days but it was still going after a week. A reboot sorted it and I hope this has not turned it back on.
0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well not surprising, internet is not good and WiFi we could not even connect . Just 1 hour or so of connecting and network error messages . 

Could not connect to my router .Eventually after several reboots I did .  I ran the diagnostic tool which said my telephone and WiFi have issues . 

I was gaming the other night and it was like being on dial up, lag and issues.  

200mbps and this service is just shocking . 

We can't sit down and stream without issues.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello davef1uk

Sorry to hear this

Quick question, have you tried a pinhole reset on the hub?

If you could try that and let me know how you get on

That would be fantastic 

Hope to hear from you soon 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos