Menu
mjharper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Facebook painfully slow

Hi,

For some reason Facebook is painfully slow - it doesn't matter if we are connected via Ethernet or WiFi.

Ethernet speed: approx 170mb+

WiFi: 50 - 80mb

Everything is affected: switching users, hovering on items, scrolling/image loads

Twitter and Instagram seem to be performing ok. I've tried different browsers, clearing cache, flushing DNS and signing out of all 'connected devices'

Thanks

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Facebook painfully slow

Sounds like it may have been a problem with Facebook, if this is still an issue could you please confirm if this is happening on all connected devices and if other web sites/streaming is affected?

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mjharper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Seems to just be Facebook. I don't think it's a Facebook specific issue though as logging in at friends houses or using 4g on my smart phone it's back to being very responsive.

I get the issue on all connected devices at home, wired or wifi

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm strange that it's just be Facebook that's slow, if possible could you try specifying Google DNS on one of your devices and let us know if this makes a difference (if you need a hand with doing this just let us know and we can advise).

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have heard farcebook can be slow for a lot of people as it's taking all your data bit by bit and needs time to process.

Wouldn't know I am not part of this social media thing beyond this forum.
0 Kudos