Menu
UgurcanSecgin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Expected 100mbps, Getting less than 1 tenth of speeds

My Virgin Media Hub is meant to be pushing out 100mbps however I am getting 40/50 on wired and WiFi I am getting 3-5 mbps. This is aweful as everyone in my house uses WiFi and it is horrendous. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expected 100mbps, Getting less than 1 tenth of speeds

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you cannot rely on wifi tests, you need to do this first.
Make sure your device has a gigabit network card and has the up to date drivers. Use a new Cat5e/6a ethernet cable to connect it to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected). Then, boot up your device into "safe mode" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds) and run the test at speedtest.net on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download of one you haven’t previously used (e.g. Firefox, Opera, etc).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos