Menu
Tonyje
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Exceptionally poor internet in UB5

Hi, is anyone else experiencing poor broadband in the UB5 area? ours went down for a couple of hours Monday morning and since its come back it drops in and out every minute or so. One minute it's fine next there's nothing and pages take an age to load. Tried self diagnosis, one minute it says fault in area, next no known issues. lost count of number of times i've reset my hub3 as per all the instructions.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exceptionally poor internet in UB5

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Also try a 60 second hold - pinhole reset of the Hub - that often helps.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through..

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos