Menu
Smoocher
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exceptionally Slow Connection Speed

Hi - I see there are several people posting similar posts. I'm paying for 200mb connection and are crawling at 9mb download and as slow as 1.4mb upload. We run a dog rescue website so connection speeds are critical to getting work done smoothly. The current upload speeds are doing my head in. Any help greatly appreciated. I've rebooted the router several times, no improvement. ThinkBroadband.JPG

0 Kudos
Smoocher
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exceptionally Slow Connection Speed

downstream and upstream stats.JPG

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The downstream power levels are a bit too high on three of the channels.  The recommended range is -6 to +10.

This will probably need a technician to visit and adjust the power levels.  Normally I'd say you can call VM and try to book a visit but lines are very busy during the current crisis and it might be a struggle to get through.

Alternatively you can wait for the VM forum staff to get to this thread and they can help you book a visit.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Eeeps
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As has been suggested your downstream power levels are a little to high and will need reducing by an engineer.

However, it seems you have an older modem, is there a reason for that? A SH3 would bond 24 downstream channels giving it a better chance of obtaining full rate.

Could you post the modem configuration. From this you can confirm that you are on the correct speed.
Your speed test seems to be limited to 10Mb/s down stream.

0 Kudos
Smoocher
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phoned VM the waiting times weren't very long and they are now sending a new Router in a couple of day's time. Fingers crossed this will do the trick.

0 Kudos