cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every evening speed drops very low

Summercookie
Joining in

Hello

I need some help, I have recently upgraded from m100 to 200, however every evening my speed is either dropping out or really slow from 8/9pm, this is very inconvenient as you can imagine as this is the key time we are home using phones/tv.

please help

6 REPLIES 6

m00g
Superfast

Think you answered your own question, like you many others will be busy in your area on their phones and laptops. Sounds like a utilisation issue in your area, if it is then dont expect a quick fix. It can take VM a long time to identify such issue and then resegment the network in your area.

Wouldnt hurt to post modem info for the techie types to look at.

Sorry what’s the modem info?

In a browser address bar type 192.168.0.1 that will take you to the modem log in page, dont log in but click Check Router status and copy paste the signal levels in to a post.

Think i got that right, not done it in a while but i am sure if i am wrong someone will soon let us know 🙂

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Summercookie wrote:

Sorry what’s the modem info?

You will also need to setup a BQM to record and monitor your circuit.   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

This will show if over utilisation is the problem and gives you evidence of same.

Once this is setup and you have posted your power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log.   We can comment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@m00g wrote:

<snip>   Think i got that right, not done it in a while but i am sure if i am wrong someone will soon let us know 🙂

Yes, all correct !  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Summercookie

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How are you getting on with your connection now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs