cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in speed after nextdoor gets connected

BrYTaC
Tuning in

Can i just say before i explain whats happened that untill now theres never been an issue.

So today being the 25th of May my next door neighbour was connected to the virgin network, during the install he knocked on our door to imform us that seeing as our bungalows were attached that the quickest way to do so was to use same cable from the box to house and attach a splitter. he assured us that we wouldnt have any issues. All our stuff went off n rebooted the system.

Later that night i decided to check my BB speed, now im on the M350 although i connect via wifi, now bear in mind tht even though i connect that way i averaged 250speeds mbps so i was not happy when we tested it again later as my dl speed had dropped to 70mbs. Did all the tests as stated on your site ran this test 3 times,same result. Did the test your gear wich came bk fine last

test was seeing if it was an issue from your end which stated an intermitting signal fault from your end, Plz fix thishis and to stop this happening to others tell your engineers to NOT!! cut corners when installiing.

thnks in advance Adrian

30 REPLIES 30

We havnt cut it, thats how we found it 

theres also this:

no trench hereno trench here

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Whoever cut it doesn't matter. It needs checking at the cabinet end.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

now i cant evn get on the my virgin media site.

something bout header file too large n exceeds the server limit

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Prps it jst dnt understand txt spk ?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

speed2.PNGspeed 3.PNGstatus2.PNGnetwork3.PNG

Need tech guys to sort this crap out.

Good Morning @BrYTaC. check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I can take some details from you, to arrange for an engineer visit.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @BrYTaC

I've been able to book the engineer in for you and this booking can be viewed and altered, if required via your self-care account.

Do please advise us how the visit goes, and we'll be on hand to assist further if required.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks David. 

Looked all over each page cant find any info on when n what time egineer is coming.

Will be sure to tell how this one goes

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response BrYTaC,

Let us know if any further issues occur.

Take care,

Kain

Sorry for the late reply, my parkinsons has ben bad past few days, had to go to AnE to get checked out after i collasped. Anyhow all

is good after last engineer n speed over wi-fi bk up to speed.great.PNG