cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in speed after nextdoor gets connected

BrYTaC
Tuning in

Can i just say before i explain whats happened that untill now theres never been an issue.

So today being the 25th of May my next door neighbour was connected to the virgin network, during the install he knocked on our door to imform us that seeing as our bungalows were attached that the quickest way to do so was to use same cable from the box to house and attach a splitter. he assured us that we wouldnt have any issues. All our stuff went off n rebooted the system.

Later that night i decided to check my BB speed, now im on the M350 although i connect via wifi, now bear in mind tht even though i connect that way i averaged 250speeds mbps so i was not happy when we tested it again later as my dl speed had dropped to 70mbs. Did all the tests as stated on your site ran this test 3 times,same result. Did the test your gear wich came bk fine last

test was seeing if it was an issue from your end which stated an intermitting signal fault from your end, Plz fix thishis and to stop this happening to others tell your engineers to NOT!! cut corners when installiing.

thnks in advance Adrian

30 REPLIES 30

Ask next door to unplug their hub when you do some speed tests.
---------------------------------------------------------------

state1.PNGdown.PNGnetwork.PNGnetwork2.PNGup.PNG

They no longer have it. they seemed to been misled about somethin so was cancelled, which is more annoying

thats the wire thats been left sticking out the groundthats the wire thats been left sticking out the ground

what the!!!what the!!!

just ran that few mins ago

signal.PNG

Your downstream power levels are too high, so you need a tech to come round.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

so theres no setting on the hub that i can adjust with some one guiding me through it.

i an abit of a techy, built my last 4 pcs myself

Or is it coming from the setting he altered street side, in the box of tricks

Adrian

The power levels come down the cable, so a tech may be able to make an adjustment at the cabinet (best) or fit a forward path attenuator to the hub.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Well thats one thing they never checked, that being status of the router.

so what levels should they be, so that i know for my piece of mind they have put it right this time.

Any thoughts on the cable thats cut i left sticking up out the ground

Adrian

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the cable you cut is still connected in the street cabinet, it could be causing problems for you and your neighbours on that cabinet. That needs sorting first before your levels are adjusted.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.