cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful Device Speeds after upgrade

Biker7405
Joining in

I’ve been told to post results here by customer service from Twitter.

Upgraded to M350 and this is the result. I was M200 and was pretty much getting that on my iPhone and Note 10. Now, barely get to 100. Done numerous reboots, resets, cables out etc. 

Tried the call centre and the girl couldn’t have done less; not the slightest bit interested. Just kept quoting from a script and telling me that is the way it is.

Completely unimpressed. 

F9F4EEBA-ED98-484C-BD04-128395A662B6.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @Biker7405

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Biker7405
Joining in

Ooh, got up to 102 today 

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Those first two speed tests are on EE (presumably 5G). The three Virgin Media ones are all consistent, but they are still Wi-Fi speed tests.

You need to test with a device connected to the VM hub with a cable to rule out Wi-Fi issues.

Hey @Biker7405,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your connection and speaking to the team.

I can see that you have some issues with your downstream power levels that need a technician visit to resolve the issue.

I can book the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Actually only 4g. We haven’t got 5g yet here. 

I’ve tried the cable connection as well and was getting around about 200, so better but still not up there. 

Thanks. I’ve been onto retentions and reduced back to M200, but still only getting the 80Mbps.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @Biker7405

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Biker7405,

Thank you for the update, please can you tell me what you get on your wired connection?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Steven.  All sorted now.

Thanks Hayley. All sorted now.