cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads from Adobe very slow or not working

storrm
On our wavelength

Hi everyone,

I've recently been having problems updating my Adobe applications over my 350Mbit broadband.  The connection starts fast but then rapidly diminishes to only a few k/sec and eventually the connection breaks and download fails.  I've been able to replicate this problem on both my PC and my Mac.  To rule out my computers, I used a VPN to connect to a different country and was able to download the updates super quick.  I also created a 4G hotspot with my phone and used that on my Mac and again, I was able to download really fast.  To replicate the issue I tried to download just the free to everyone Acrobat Reader on my PC without a VPN and it was slow then failed.  Enabled VPN, same link and downloaded within a few seconds.

Having used two different computers, VPN and a 4G hotspot to rule out my local network, router or hardware as the cause, this points to a problem with Virgin themselves.   I would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing these types of problems (I'm in Nottingham), or what I should do next to try to resolve this issue. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Synthetic
Superfast
By any chance are you sing Cloudflare as your DNS?

storrm
On our wavelength

Yes. 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1.  Has something changed with them?  I've just discovered its not just with Adobe downloads.  Just tried updating my VMWare Fusion software and the same things occurs.

storrm
On our wavelength

Just changed dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and we're back up to full speed.  Thanks for the tip 🙂