cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with Virgin Media

chrisbm
On our wavelength

that's it, i've had enough. our area (15 / nw3) has been having problems since february, and in the last few months goes out for hours / days at a time.

as i type this, it's down yet again with a fix date of 4 days from now. I've had to pay EE another £22 p/m for a sim to use in a 4g router just so i can get any work done. that's on top of the £60 p/m i pay virgin.

as soon as this contract is up i'm moving to g.network. 6 months of terrible area problems with no fix in sight is unacceptable.

been a customer for 20 years, but everything comes to an end i guess

80 REPLIES 80

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @chrisbm

I'm very sorry to see this, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

In regard to the issues customers are experiencing in the area, have you checked if there's any known issues listed here that could explain this? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

chrisbm
On our wavelength

hi sofia, as usual, the status checker says there's no problem - just like it always does.

as i've mentioned previously in the thread, one of the issue is that the status checker page, 99 time out of 100, says there's no issue in the area and multiple VM engineers, customer service staff and technical staff have all told me the status page is unreliable. This is something that is well known at VM, internally.

i may be overly cynical, but it's a nice coincidence that we're only able to register a loss of service when the status page registers an area issue, meaning that virgin can nicely sidestep any compensation to customers if the page never recognises a problem.

Anyway, as you can see, there are a queue of VM customers in our area (including me) eagerly waiting for g.network / community fibre / cuckoo et al to activate their services, and jump ship from virgin media. There's only so long a company can treat customers like dirt before they take the hint and walk, and virgin is at that point right now. All empires fall, eventually.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrisbm,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing broadband issues. 

After checking your account, I can see that there are currently no active issues that are impacting your services. After this, I ran some checks on your power levels and can see severe issues in regards to both upstream and downstream power levels. 

In order to have this issue resolved, we will need to book in an engineer appointment via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

chrisbm
On our wavelength

hi Paulina,

I'm happy to have an engineer visit, but the last two who came just said there's nothing wrong at all with our house set up and that the issues are endemic to the area, caused by over-utilisation and creaking infrastructure. An identical assessment to that offered by countless CS and tech staff.

This would also tend to be borne out by the massive number of other people having identical issues in our area.

But yeah, sure, send an engineer again if you like. Why not. It's your money.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrisbm,

Thank you for chatting to me via Private Message. 

I have confirmed your appointment via PM.

You can manage your appointment online if needed. Please keep us updated on how the appointment goes.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

chrisbm
On our wavelength

well, you asked me if i can do the 28th. I said I'm not available on that date, you ignored that and now i've been sent this lol

Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 15.26.37.png

great stuff

chrisbm
On our wavelength

thinks: "maybe i can cancel or reschedule this appointment from my account?"

Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 15.36.24.png

it really is wall-to-wall winning, isn't it

chrisbm
On our wavelength

lmao

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 12.22.06.png

chrisbm
On our wavelength

thanks for plunging me into a whole new world of irritation, then disappearing without a trace @Paulina_Z

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 12.43.18.png

Thanks for coming back to us @chrisbm, apologies for the late reply to your message, I can see from your account that the appointment has now been changed to your preferred date.

Please do let us know, how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L