cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with Virgin Media

chrisbm
On our wavelength

that's it, i've had enough. our area (15 / nw3) has been having problems since february, and in the last few months goes out for hours / days at a time.

as i type this, it's down yet again with a fix date of 4 days from now. I've had to pay EE another £22 p/m for a sim to use in a 4g router just so i can get any work done. that's on top of the £60 p/m i pay virgin.

as soon as this contract is up i'm moving to g.network. 6 months of terrible area problems with no fix in sight is unacceptable.

been a customer for 20 years, but everything comes to an end i guess

80 REPLIES 80

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@chrisbm 

L

O

L

at this being the response to my complaint

VM complaints are handled with the company's customary approach to customer satisfaction and quality.  You can either wait 8 weeks from the date of the complaint and then throw it to CISAS, or you can contact VM again, explain you're not at all satisfied with the complaint handling, and you demand a "deadlock letter".  If you can wring a deadlock letter out of VM then you don't need to wait eight weeks.

Our internet came to life at about 7.30…for about 5 minutes and then promptly refused to work. Virgin then e-mailed to say that the issue had been resolved. Upon logging onto the website, it says that there is a fault that is being worked on and the time to remedy is now 4pm tomorrow.

The cynic in me thinks that they send out the “resolved” e-mails to break up the time of the fault so rather than having one fault last 2 days, they have multiple faults of a few hours. I suspect this is to escape some sort of regulatory punishment/penalty.

chrisbm
On our wavelength

yes, up & down since 20th jan.

i never registered every outage - sometimes because i just couldn't be bothered and often because the service status page reports no issue and you therefore can't register for fix updates.. but this selection gives you an idea of how long this has been going on for

Virgin Media outage updates.png

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrisbm,

Thank you for coming back to us. I completely understand your frustration with the outages and that this issue is still ongoing at the moment.

The current estimated fix date for the current area outage is on 13/08/21 at 9am. The Fault reference number for this issue is F009197934.

Please keep us updated on this issue as you have been doing.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

chrisbm
On our wavelength

thanks Paulina.

Remains unfixed, with the service up and down all day. Intermittent zero connection
service status page reports no problem for our area, as usual, and i therefore cannot log a loss of service even though your compensation scheme requires this to be done. 

this is unsurprising to me

Hi Chrisbm, unfortunately the fix date has changed to 18 AUG 2021 14:00. We do apologise for the inconvenience and the delay in getting this fixed. Our team is working hard to being it back to optimal levels as quickly as possible.  

Thanks,

Corey C

chrisbm
On our wavelength
Thanks Corey.

Your team have been 'working hard' to fix this since late january.
Last week I lodged a complaint with VM asking for either compensation or a data sim so I can stop paying EE just to have a consistent connection. All I've had back is them repeating over and over about the 48 hours unbroken lack of service compensation model (which of course doesn't apply to me despite 8 months of unstable service), or just telling me to turn my router on & off.

Do you think this is acceptable? Be honest.

Hi there @chrisbm

I am so sorry that this issue has continued for so long and I can completely understand your feeling of frustration. 

Please can you let us know how things are tomorrow after 2pm and we'd be more than happy to take another look into this for you. 

I am so sorry again for the inconvenience. 

Thank you.

things have actually been fine this week so far, fingers crossed.

fyi, this is what gets posted when someone asks about broadband recommendations in our area. Virgin's rep has hit rock bottom around here. 
whether that bothers you or not is up to you.

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.59.35.png

I'm absolutely sure that this does matter a great deal to the forum team - whether or not Virgin Media's or Liberty Global's (their parent company) senior management, who are the only ones who can actually do anything about it, are bothered in the slightest, is another thing entirely!