cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with Virgin Media

chrisbm
On our wavelength

that's it, i've had enough. our area (15 / nw3) has been having problems since february, and in the last few months goes out for hours / days at a time.

as i type this, it's down yet again with a fix date of 4 days from now. I've had to pay EE another £22 p/m for a sim to use in a 4g router just so i can get any work done. that's on top of the £60 p/m i pay virgin.

as soon as this contract is up i'm moving to g.network. 6 months of terrible area problems with no fix in sight is unacceptable.

been a customer for 20 years, but everything comes to an end i guess

80 REPLIES 80

chrisbm
On our wavelength

rly smashing it tonight lads

Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 19.14.48.png

I can walk faster than that!

RyZe_Misty
Tuning in

Yeah I can't lie the internet is being absolutely dodgy as of recently, not sure what they are doing over there but it's messing up for me drastically aswell. For one minute the connection would be stable and then all of a sudden it would spike to 3000-4000 ping for over 15 minutes making gaming sessions and video calls impossible, mind you this is all over ethernet.

They have to be changing something on their end because to be honest because everyone I know that has VM are having the same exact issues, can't be an issue in one area when it's happening to everyone across the UK.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @chrisbm

Thank you for coming back to us,  I have checked over an account and there is still an issues that need to be resolved by an engineer . Are you happy for me to book this for you? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

chrisbm
On our wavelength

thanks zak, but you surely can't be serious?

if you read up the thread, one of your colleagues offered me the same thing, and when I said yes she asked me if i was free on a specific date.. I said "no" but she booked it anyway then disappeared from the conversation so I then had to spend time trying to rearrange an appointment I didn't even want.

The engineers (two of them lol) came to my house and attached a filter to my router which made no difference.

No offence, but why would I take up my time with that little dance all over again?

The problems are in our area. Everyone here knows it. Fix the area.
And compensate your customers before everyone here jumps ship, if that bothers you at all.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI chrisbm, 

Thank you for your reply. 

We appreciate you have previously had a visit from our team and from checking the notes, I see some adjustments were made with the hope of resolving the problem. 

Unfortunately, from running a few checks from our side, we can see that this was not the case and your device itself is running outside of specification as well as issues in relation to your upstream. 

In order for us to continue to work towards resolving this issue, we would need to book another visit from our technicians. 

Please do let us know how you would like to proceed. 

Thanks 

Nat

chrisbm
On our wavelength

lol honestly, why is dealing with VM such a kafkaesque nightmare?

So a few days ago i spoke to someone in the 'Resolve Team' (who was very helpful, to be fair), because the connection is dropping out all over the place yet again.

He said VM needs to send an engineer, as above, so we make an appointment for today between 12-4pm.

I get an SMS after the call:

"Hi it's Virgin Media. We're expecting to see you between 12pm-4pm. If anything's changed or it's not convenient pls text back FIXED. Otherwise see you then."

Then again 1 hour later:

"Hi, it's Virgin Media. We've put your service visit on hold while we investigate a network problem affecting your services. We'll update you when this is fixed."

that was 3 days ago and no update, so I call up and speak to someone just now.

"yes there's an outage in your area and we're aware of it so engineers are working to fix it. The resolution date is 30th September" (another week away lol)

"Ok, so is an engineer coming or not?

"no"

Just really outstanding stuff, yet again. Hats off to everyone involved.

Looking forward to the next VM rep popping up in this thread again saying they've looked at my account and they need to send an engineer!

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @chrisbm

This wouldn't have been present on your account at the time, otherwise we wouldn't have offered to send an engineer out until this was resolved. 

I've just checked your account and I can see there is an issue in the area causing intermittent service. The estimated fix time currently stands at 30/09/21 at 13:35. 

Please keep us updated on how the service performs once the area issue is resolved. 

If the issues persist, we'll get an engineer out to take a look at things. 

Thanks. 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

chrisbm
On our wavelength

This wouldn't have been present on your account at the time, otherwise we wouldn't have offered to send an engineer out until this was resolved. 

I genuinely have no idea what this sentence means

I've just checked your account and I can see there is an issue in the area causing intermittent service. The estimated fix time currently stands at 30/09/21 at 13:35. 

Yes excellent, another week without a properly working service. I mean, it's only been not working properly in our area since 20th january. Why rush eh?

Please keep us updated on how the service performs once the area issue is resolved. 
If the issues persist, we'll get an engineer out to take a look at things. 

I mean, lol, just lol

I invite you to consider the title of this thread and reflect on whether, in the more than two months since I first posted it, Virgin has given me any reason to alter my perspective.

Hi @chrisbm,

It's a shame to hear that you feel this way, and I am very sorry about all these problems that you've had.

I've checked on the known service issue in the area, and I'm afraid that the current estimated fix date/time is October 5th 2021 at approximately 12:55pm.

Apologies for the ongoing inconvenience that this is undoubtedly causing.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!