Menu
cheeseboard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you find this at all acceptable?

https://i.postimg.cc/GtbWNy2r/Speed.jpg

I am supposed to be on a 120meg connection .

I fully realise speed test results should be taken with a pinch of salt but this is ridiculous

Get low results from other speedtests too, not a fan of speedtests just everything seemed very sluggish so ran these tests .

Oh area 11 (Gyle head end) and no issues reported on broadband.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do you find this at all acceptable?

To check the speeds coming in to your Hub you need to do this first.  Make sure your device has a gigabit network card with up to date drivers.  Use a Cat6a ethernet cable to connect it to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected).  Then boot up your device into "safe mode" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds) and run the test at speedtest.net on at least 2 different browsers.

Is that how you did yours ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
cheeseboard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Now I can't even access the hub .

Used the 192.168.0.1 address (which as the LED on the front is showing green [router mode]) should be fine

and  192.168.100.1 address which should be the MODEM one (did not really expect this to work as there is no Purplr LED on the front

Wife cannot connect(her iPad) to the internet as there is apparently no WiFi signal

Tried a different cable to the hub same thing so do not feel it is the cable

Trying to acess the .0.1 address most times shows the log-in page then when password is entered the browser just seeks

occasionaly the configure router page comes up but no matter what is 'clicked'nothing works

whilst trying to access the 100.1 address gives the cannot connect to server page

Both Firefox and IE 11

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mmm.. If you cant access the Hub settings it might be worth a factory reset - you will lose any changes you inputted of course and the password will revert to that printed on its stcker. Push the pin in firmly till it "stops" and hold for a timed (not guessed) 40 seconds – don’t turn it off. Then try again - clear the browsers caches first.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
cheeseboard
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No idea what the problem was but everyting is working now Cat Happy, so will leave well alone.

Router mode was giving much slower speeds than MODEM mode..

Ended up bricking the whole system as I swapped things about (I felt I was careful changing things back when they didn't do anything but odviously I missed something) .

Had to reset the Hub to factory defaults (thanksJBrennand).

Was at the hair tearing stage when wife said "have you checked it's plugged in?" "of course" and preceded to show her, ten minutes later "is everything where it should be?"

Swapped around the computer and the television ports and VOILA all working, felt incredibly sheepish thought ah there must be some sort of hierarchy with the sockets (even though I thought a hub was just a 'gossipy' switch it doesn't even have a switch table of MAC addresses as destinations).

So just as a test  tried swapping the sockets back, still working .Cat Frustrated

Mustn't have had the plugs properly home but I had unplugged and plugged the V6 box repeatedly and swapped ethernet cable on computer, so what actually fixed the system I don't know.

Had tried reseting IPs (ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew ) looking at and changing various parameters in the Hub set-up.

Ended up swapping the cables about/ensuring they were home properly. This  SEEMED to fix all so don't be like me with the deep dive to fix things check the simple stuff first (there is a reason the first thing support says is "is it switched on?").

0 Kudos