cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a new hub? (status log added)

gravy1
Fibre optic

A few weeks ago, I noticed a few problems when going online. Certain games that require an online connection would take a long time to connect. I thought it might be that I am using windows 11 developers version and it might cause a few problems.

Yesterday I thought I would log into my superhub. Initially it showed 2 errors, 1 Wifi, but that seems to work okay, so no problem and 2, with my phones. I have not noticed any phone problems. I checked my port forwarding and deleted then added the port forwarding again and the first time I connected with the game almost immediately, but since then it has gone back to either failing to connect or taking 6 or 7 minutes to connect. 

Sometimes flushing dns, registering, release and renew will get it to connect, other times not.

I have a copy of my network log if that might mean anything. It is a superhub 3.

alog.pngstatus.pngvm1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post your power levels etc as text, not screenshots as they are not showing at present.  Thanks

In the meantime try a full 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

This will reset the Hub back to factory settings, so you will need to re-add any rules, port forwarding etc. that you had before the reset.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

gravy1
Fibre optic

a1.pnga2.pnga3.pnga4.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post your power levels etc as text, not screenshots as they are not showing at present.  Thanks

In the meantime try a full 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

This will reset the Hub back to factory settings, so you will need to re-add any rules, port forwarding etc. that you had before the reset.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Strangely, that is the second time in 6 days I did a full reset but this time it worked. my log still shows 2 x SYNC Timing Synchronization failure and 3 x No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out plus some others, but hopefully now, it will be cured thanks

Hi @gravy1, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Am really sorry to hear you've been having issues with gaming via our internet service.  However, based on your most recent post, I do need to ask, have things improved and have they continued to improve?  Please do get back to us, if they have not.  And we'll be only too glad to take a look.

Regards

Lee_R