cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I REALLY need full GB Broadband?

ewhitey
Superfast

So do I REALLY need full GB Broadband?

I have around 30 connected devices at anyone time - rarely altogether but sometimes.

Devices include a few consoles, teenagers on voice and video phone calls, zoom and general internet. The other haplf playing games on the phone - one of four on the go in the home and various stuff like PC, printer, lightbulbs and several Alexaaaaas. TV wise I like having 4k and I do steam footy etc from PC to Chromecast etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance 😉

23 REPLIES 23

Get a good router with QoS/BWM and you can run downloads and uploads all day without it impacting online gaming.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Very well put - I understood most of that so thanks... Oh and i have a monthly subscription to Automated Market Trading magazine lol

I have a ASUS RT-AC86U router although back in the box as the hub 5 has been great tbh 😉

Hi @ewhitey 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your 1Gig query.

We are glad to see that our community was able to advise on this. We are also glad to see you are enjoying hub 5. You may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/speeds

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs