cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty getting Volt speed increase

z80dan
On our wavelength

I'm an O2 and Virgin customer and I've signed up for the Volt benefits via My O2. O2 doubled my data allowance pretty quickly...but there has been no action on the Virgin side of things.

When I ask about it Virgin customer service want to upsell me to a new broadband package (I've spoken to a few people and both have tried it). They say that I'm not eligible for the Volt speed boost because of the "special" deal I'm on (I was a new customer 5 months ago - presumably they are talking about the reduced price for the first 18 months).

Is that correct?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try speaking to the retentions team, they did the same to me until I spoke to them. 

robkat
Up to speed

No problem getting increase, call to customer services and 10 minutes later speed increased.

z80dan
On our wavelength

Interesting! The second person I spoke to was from the retention team but they couldn't help (apart from offering another upsell deal). They suggested waiting a bit longer to see what was available...which makes me think they just weren't aware of the Volt increase.

Hello z80dan

Sorry to hear of the problems getting the Volt benefits applied to your Virgin Media account. We aren't able to arrange this for you from here I'm afraid but if you contact the team using any of the methods here they will be happy to help.

We also have these helpful tips in regards to Volt.

Rob