cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently on a retentions deal, does a Volt upgrade mess this up?

lanceuppercut47
Joining in

I'm currently on a retentions deal for M200 and was looking at Volt, if nothing else, to get me up to the next tier and also have a spare number as my current spare doesn't have WIFI calling so that would be quite useful to me.

However I'm on a retentions deal and have heard stories where upgrading to Volt has (either on purpose or not) actually increased the cost of people's broadband packages, presumably by an error or something when Volt is applied?

What is the deal with contracts, should they stay exactly as they are in terms of price/duration when Volt is applied?  If it gets increased, what is the comeback?

Also, what happens at upgrade time, is the Volt package taken into account when being offered new deals by retentions etc?

11 REPLIES 11

conman33158
Super solver

I'm on a deal with Virgin for £5 discount per month and upgraded to the Volt and there was no change, if there is you can opt out of Volt at any time 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

james-28
Dialled in

Currently on M600 and asked to be upgraded to gig1 as now available in my area and is the same price that I’m paying now, yet told I have to pay £35 extra per month. 

I got moved onto the Volt broadband because I've got an O2 contract. Didn't change a thing on the Virgin side..

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Unknown67 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

When did you take out your volt services? On our end it can take up to 14 days to go though on our end. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

My Virgin account is in my other half’s name, we both live in the same household/address, will Volt work for me or because it’s not in the same name, it won’t?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Both Virgin Media and O2 accounts have to be in the same name.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

@lanceuppercut47 wrote:

My Virgin account is in my other half’s name, we both live in the same household/address, will Volt work for me or because it’s not in the same name, it won’t?

As above, both O2 and Virgin accounts need to be on the exact name and address. Some customers have been declined because of even 1 letter out of place. 

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

It took about 3 days after my O2 upgrade.
Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

Same