Menu
joearcher
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Critical errors in router status network log

I'm getting slow speeds (I pay for 200mb and haven't seen anything over 70mb on speedtest.net for over a week)

So i looked at the router status and I'm seeing a lot of:

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*:*:*:*:*:*;CMTS-MAC=*:*:*:*:*:*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; (weirdly all with the timestamp 01/01/1970)

in the router status network logs.

Speed tests are done with nothing connected to wifi and a cat5 cable straight into the router. Checked all of the cable connections.

When I run an automated test, I get no issues. Is there anything I can do about this? Or do I need to spend hours in a phone queue?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Critical errors in router status network log

The time and date will eventually correct itself. I personally suggest doing a packet loss test on dsl reports website.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Critical errors in router status network log

You'll get a better view of what's going on with a Thinkbroadband BQM.  That'll need to run for 24 hours to accumulate a full set of data.  In the meanwhile you may want to post your hub's status data (as text, not screenshots) and we can take a check for any obvious power or noise problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos