Menu
Ukroy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Crap internet and wifi speed

once again crap internet speed and poor wifi tonight 20 to 30 Mbps if your lucky on a 200 mb line so what can I do speek to someone again million miles away who is clueless err no thanks ๐Ÿ™

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crap internet and wifi speed

Umm you are aware that your WiFi speed is largely down to your environment , right? Have you gone through the WiFi troubleshooting?

Whats a wired speed-test , straight to your HUB run on a PC with a known Gigabit NIC, using a CAT5E or better saying?

0 Kudos
Ukroy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

About 60 Mbps on a 200 Mbps line funny thing is went on your web page to do a test on the broadband it says all working fine lol

0 Kudos
Ukroy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry don't use cat 5 cable  into router as cable is straight into router on a f- plug cable from outside

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

He meant from your router to whatever device you are testing with. Not the coax cable from outside to your hub.

No provider will guarantee wireless speeds, and unless you are running with the latest tech it's VERY unlikely you will even get close to 100Mbs, let alone 200Mbs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Ukroy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I have 1 device plugged into my computer which is my computer from which I have been doing tests over the last week useing Speedtest.net apart from last night which just died completely been around 150mb plus and has been very good everything else is wifi and that has been very poor
Everyday having to reset router to get speed back to normal but have a new router not shall what one being delivered from virgin Wednesday ๐Ÿ˜ณ
cabledan
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

in the same boat 200mb line and last night could not even stream i player

im also running in modem mode and use ubiquite mesh wifi in house as virgin wifi does not cover whole house

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ukroy wrote:

About 60 Mbps on a 200 Mbps line funny thing is went on your web page to do a test on the broadband it says all working fine lol

It would do. Virgin only control what's delivered to your hub down the coax, they can't control the wifi. They won't, nor will any other ISP guarantee wifi speeds (no matter how good the adverts say it is) as there are too many things out of their control that can affect it.

Dave.

Dave

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
Ukroy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Once again last night slow speed rang up woman fudged about with setting told me it would take about 30 mins I bet you can't guess what didn't happen lol

again to day have wife and kids on the phone while Iam at work saying internet is not working again think it's time to look elsewhere now ๐Ÿ™

Anyone know of a good internet providers 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The rest of them all use the same technology (the openreach lines) so take your pick based on price / customer service reviews if you would like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos