cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could staff check my area/connection (I may be first to report so nothing official yet)

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Lot of work going on past few days outside, pavement surface lifted and water board doing work then resurfacing later and past two days I get 0.05Mb/s-20Mb/s, could also be the heat outside where cabinet is (you can see recent my post history I blew out and rebooted HUB4 and sat a 80mm fan bellow it).

Was on phone to CS just 5mins ago but I will get into that later.  🙄

25 REPLIES 25

jhuk
Trouble shooter

kkkkkkk.png

feffeffe.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There is another table of data for upstream and downstream and network logs to paste up.

Also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of "known" more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status page

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Yes I know those 2 are normally enough and its lot of messing about in Win 11 to copy/paste etc (will boot to Win 10 later), I will try that number thanks.

Hi jhuk, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with the speeds on your connection.

Taking a look at your account, it does look as though your hub is having an issue connecting to all the downstream channels. Due to this, I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Thanks I got the PM and if he can do anything outside in the pot/pit and cabinet then fine but I am not having anyone in my home at this moment in time for any reason.

I already spoke to an engineer I met and out and about he agrees that 99% the time it is outside where the issue is.

As I said this issue appeared same time as the road/pavement/water mains work outside (ongoing) and really hot weather, nothing in my home has changed, everything was replaced just after the HUB4 was set up after/due to that strange call I got about network noise that turned out to be nonsense (you can probably see it on my account).

Right now I am Locked on to 31 Downstream channels and 4 Upstream channels so not sure why you are seeing that, numbers look ok be it we do not have exact figures or the HUB4.

Hi jhuk, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. 

When we are running our checks it shows us any issues the system has picked up over the last 28 days too. Whilst the channels may be connected currently, they are intermittently dropping which is why we would need the engineer to attend. Due to the fault, they would need to check your Hub and your internal cabling so if you don't want anyone to attend the property for now, that's fine. We can delay the visit until you are comfortable. 

Once you are ready, pop back to let us know and we can recheck the account and book the visit in. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

jhuk
Trouble shooter

As I said the cables/little white box are all new and everything is tight then and tight now (I have checked again) and this issue like 99% of others in my 25+ years of being a customer will "fix" itself as it is not at my end.

Thanks for looking.

Hi jhuk, 

Fingers crossed everything does resolve itself in that case but if not, you know where we are. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Was full speed on and off last night, and every time I check my HUB4 stats they are in spec.

I did the pinhole reset now like others here my POD is offline (I was trialist and knew not to do this during the trial)

This is right now.

2021-07-19.png